Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Yummy food!

Tonight I attempted for the first time ever to make pork chops.  I have never been a pork chop lover.  Actually for the most part I rarely eat meat.  I got sick on chicken in high school and throw-up everywhere in class (it was embarrassing), and since then I  avoid meat.  I will occasionally eat a steak if we go out but that is about it.  But Josh loves meat, so I have been attempting to cook more meat (how many freaking times can I say meat in one paragraph?) His mammaw gave us two pork chops, so last night I goggled pork chops recipes and found this one:
Italian Breaded Pork Chops
Ingredients
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons dried parsley
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
  • 4 pork chops
Directions
1.      Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2.      In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and milk. In a separate small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
3.      Heat the olive oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until lightly browned. Remove garlic, reserving for other uses.
4.      Dip each pork chop into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly. Place coated pork chops in the skillet and brown about 5 minutes on each side.
5.      Place the skillet and pork chops in the preheated oven, and cook 25 minutes, or to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
They only change I would make is not to add the cloves of garlic to the oil. Just put garlic salt or powder in with the breading..the garlic just burned in the pan.
Thanks to this recipe I am now a pork chop lover!! But seriously you should try it! Josh even said that it was best pork chop.  Tomorrow night I plan on making Chicken Enchiladas (this will not be home made...I bought a frozen one, but it is still cooking, right?), and on Thursday I am making hamburgers. So there! By Friday I will have cooked THREE times this week!
I have also exercisedish three times this week..GO ME!!

2 comments:

  1. I have a recipe for grilled pork chops and this is going to sound gross, but they are AWESOME with honey. Foodnetwork.com is a gold mine for trying new recipes, they even print in 4x6 sizes for your recipe box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try that! And I think that is where I got that recipe from.

    ReplyDelete