Monday, May 30, 2011

We aint just fishin'

Be warned. You are about to see my country/redneck side.


Today was the annual fishing trip.  Bubby couldn't go because he was MIA this morning, or at least I thought. Turns out he was in his bed, I just didn't see him.  Oh well, he should have answered his phone or at least had his car at home.

This year we did not catch as many. Daddy says it is because I got all of them last year, which is true.  Lindsey, Garrick has actually made this fishing with Daddy and Bubs.
I am going to be all corny...it really is more then just fishing.  I could go into all kinds of details about each catch, but I know that yall will think it is boring so I won't.  My main goal is to really explain how it truly is the small moments in life that mean the most.  I will always remember these fishing trip with Daddy.  I can open and talk to my daddy better then anyone else and I know that he will listen to me and whatever I say he will take to the grave.  I don't believe there is a more special bond then between a father and daughter.  It is one reason why I want to have daughter so bad.  I want Josh to be able to experience the loving/understanding relationship that I have been please to have.  My daddy will tell you that the only thing that he has done right is how he raised me.  It makes me, if only for a moment, feel perfect.  And trust me, in my eyes, my daddy is perfect. 
I know that I am extremely lucky to have this relationship with Daddy.  I pray that Josh and I can have relationships like this with our children.  For those of you who have kids or are planning to have kids, remember to try to do something special with them.  Even if it is just a fishing trip or camping trip.  I promise you they will remember it.
I have a professor who once a month takes one of his FOUR sons out to eat.  He lets them pick where they want to go, and he says that they keep up when it is there turn. 




This was cool 1. bc it is a HUGE blue gill, 2. it was actually purple



Also, one I turned off my cookie blocker on my computer, it allowed me to post comments on people's blogs that were private.  I have made my public again because I don't care if people are reading mine.  If they are that obssessed with my life then they are the ones who look like crazy stalkers.. and I am not saying anything that I wouldn't say to everyone else.  But if yall can turn of yall's cookies it might help.

2 comments:

  1. Aww... It sounds like you and your daddy had a wonderful day together. I know how special that bond between a father and a daughter is, my daddy means the world to me as well and any time we spend together is special. I know that you and Josh will make special bonds with your children and yall will make every moment count!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like yall had a fun time! & yall caught quite a few fish!! Its hilarious that you didnt see your brother in his bed!! haha

    ReplyDelete