Saturday, July 9, 2011

Whoa, where half way there, whoa, living on a prayer

Josh and I have officially reached the half way mark.  We have been engaged for a year and on July 14th 2012 we will finally say "I do!"

I thought that I would dedicate this blog to telling my blog friends about the proposal.  It is an interesting story to say the least.

On Friday June 25th I received a phone call from my daddy.  Now my daddy and I have this relationship where we do not keep secrets from one another.
Me: Hey Daddy
Daddy: Hey Sissy! I just got of the phone with Josh.  Why are y'all coming up here?
Me: Daddy what are you talking about? We are cooking out at his house tonight.
Daddy: He just called and said he was coming to see...
Both: OH!!!
Daddy: I need to let you go, I have to prepare for this.

My dad had just let it slip to me that Josh was about to have that talk with him.  I was completely confused because I was convinced he was going to propose to me on Christmas.

So on July 8th we headed to the beach with my mom, bubby, Blake, Andrea, Bailey, and Nanny Shirley. 
The next night, Friday July 9th, Josh and I went to Margaritaville.  He had ribs, I had crab cakes.  After we ate I got really sick, so we had to go back to the room while I sipped on some Ginger Ale (I don't drink Sprite).

He finally convinced me to go to the beach to watch the sun set.  Now although I love the ocean, I HATE the sand.  It really annoys me, so I was confused on why he was forcing me to sit in the sand.  On our way out I tried to secretly pat him down to see if I could feel a ring box. I didn't.  As we sat on the beach, I say him start rubbing his hands and realized he was sweating.  He then got up on one knee....what happened next, neither one of us expected.

Josh: Will you..
Me: WAIT! Are you sure you want to do this? You know what lets just go back to the room. I mean we have like two years? What happened to Christmas? Oh MY GOD are people watching us?
Josh: I am trying to ask you to marry me (at this point he pulls the ring out)
Me: Oh no you drained your banking account! What were you thinking?
Then I did the worst thing possible I fell back in the sand laughing.  I just couldn't help myself.  I wasn't laughing at him, but I was laughing at me. Wasn't I suppose to cry?
Josh: Do I need to take a taxi back to Chatsworth?
Me: No baby! Of course I will marry you!

What made me decide that I wanted to marry him.  Well as soon as we got back together we KNEW we were getting married.  It was just a matter of time.  Then one night I was laying in me bed when I thought of something that  I wanted to tell Josh.  I reached across my bed as if I was going to wake him up, and of course realized he was at home in his bed.  I picked up the phone and called. I told him I wanted to marry him because when I woke up in the middle of the night I wanted to know that he was right beside me. Kind of corny isn't it?

So now I am letting y'all in on a secret.  I have been secretly writing our story. Several factors inspired me. One, in case you didn't know Coach Wildes' dad died.  His mom, Brenda Wildes, comes into the store to get her hair done.  She was telling me about her husband and she started crying.  She said that she had never told her children that specific story.  She then looked at me and told me to make sure I tell my children all about their parents' relationship. I couldn't figure out how to do this, until I seen Brandi's and Lindsey's blog.  So I secretly started writing.  Only Jordan has read it, but now I am sharing it with you:
God Bless the Broken Road

Now the first couple of years are hard for me to remember so they won't be as detailed.  I purposely attempted to block out those memories  Also I am no writer so DO NOT judge. If so just don't read it, lol, but seriously. 

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to tell you that as I read your blog about your relationship with Josh, I could really feel the emotions! You are a great writer Sherika and I love to read about the road that led you back to your soulmate! Cant wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its almost wedding time! I can't wait! I'm soooo happy for you guys, it will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete