Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Return of Miss England

Yes she has returned...and it was LONG over due. 

I am back at NMHS with Mrs. McClary, and I am LOVING IT! I missed the first day of school thinks to a wonderful UTI, but I was there bright and early the next morning.  These tenth graders are definitely a challenge for me. When I was out Southeast and Bagley I had some of the brightest students.  My seventh graders knew WAY more than about the Middle East than I do (they are also the ones who encourage me to read The Hunger Games).  I do have two classes of AP students, but the other four are regular students....this means you get some really smart ones, ones who try, ones who hate school, and ones who cannot find their way out of a brown paper bag.  BUT I do feel like I needed this.  I work well the students who are really trying but just aren't there yet.  It excites me to see the smile on their face when the finally do complete an assignment.  However there are those moments where I am like, "Did that really just happen?"  For an example:
Last Friday I was sitting at Mrs. McClary's desk grading tests.  Mrs. McClary was going over their warm-ups, when out of the corner of my eye I see a student stand-up raise his leg, and Chuck Norris kick are girl's water bottle off her desk. I thought he was trying to kick the girl, but apparently he was aiming for the water bottle....thank God he has good aim.
Mrs. McClary looked at him and said, "What demonic being possessed you into thinking that it was okay to do that!?!"
I of course did the inappropriate thing...I fell over laughing.  Keep in mind this was the VERY last class of the day and the very last day of the week. I was exhausted.

Speaking of exhaustion...I think body has found a whole new level of exhaustion.  7 a.m.- 4:15 p.m. is a long school day.  I also still have my Senior Seminar class and a Special Ed course that I have to take.  Last Friday I literally came home and was in bed by 8.  Actaully I think I have gone to bed at about 8 every night in the past week. Sigh......

1 comment:

  1. When I read about the Chuck Norris kick, my coffee came out my nose. That's freakin' hilarious.

    ReplyDelete