Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tis the Season!

Although I love Summer, this time of the year is possibly my favorite. I love spending time with my family, even if they are a bit crazy.  I also enjoy cooking, yes cooking! It kind of relaxes me.  So with Thanksgiving around the corner I have been thinking of different things that I could cook.  For Josh's side I am baking his favorite: Orange Cake.  It is extremely easy to make, and he thinks it is the bomb, so WINNER! Yes I do hand squeeze an orange to make it better.

For my family's dinner, I am making my famous chocolate pie. Yes famous. My family is convinced it is the best (and papa accidentally said that it was better than my granny's).  I actually created this recipe on my own.  I love my Granny's and Mammaw's chocolate pie, but them being grandmothers, they do not have recipes for them.  So I came up with my own.

I have no idea what I am doing for Christmas yet.  I thought about making a chocolate cake with white icing and decorating it with snowmen, but I haven't decided yet. 

For those of you who love to bake, you should check out the Cake Doctor.  It helps you create cakes that taste homemade but come from a box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment